
Steve Geiss giving testimony to all he has been through in the last year and the miracles God has done. Steve was driving an SIL van with passengers on the Highlands Hwy on April 4 2009 when they were hit by an oncoming semi in the wrong lane. Everyone was medivaced to Cairns, AU. Steve was unconscious and awoke to sounds of crying, praying, pain, chaos and his wife near death from her injuries. This is not the country to have any kind of accident in; medical facilities are poor, locals strip the vehicle and the passengers of everything and they take revenge on who they think caused the accident. Vigilante justice. Steve has been through numerous surgeries in the last 10 months having several broken bones among other injuries. He and his wife are doing well. During this message time Steve stated, "This was not my plan. The every day things I took for granted were not the same anymore. Life was chaotic; reduced to simple things. I was no longer in control. My own sufficiency was not enough. I could only turn to God Himself who has faithfully supplied our needs and showed us how much we need each other. You have been Jesus Christ to us when we were destitute and dependent. Early on I didn't believe God would/could heal me. I was convinced I'd never walk again. Never pilot a plane again. These were falsehoods. God has taught me to trust Him; to remember His many blessings in the middle of pain and chaos. He has taught me not to worry about the future over which I have no control. And, here I am walking again, with crutches, but walking again. My wife is recovering. Others in the accident are recovering. My hope is to be flying again. When the doctor asked me what I did, I told him I was a pilot. His response was, 'Steve, you are a pilot.'" Jim and I have heard a lot about this accident since we've been here. It has impacted the community incredibly. The missionaries here have provided for the Geiss family and others out of their own funds, kitchens, households. Truly a picture of Christ's church.
1 comment:
That is a fantastic testimony!
Post a Comment